Following article explains the process through which you can define a Process through Process Builder and send Email Alert using MassMailer. You can also track the email status values such as: open, click, bounce, spam, unsubscribe etc. You can also log the activity history.
MassMailer email alerts through a process builder are only supported for Lead/Contact/Account and User records (the process builder will not show any error if any other records are used upon saving but will not work)
1. Choosing the ‘MassMailer Email Alert’ process builder action :
Select the Action Type as APEX for the process builder action.
Choose ‘MassMailer - Email Alert’ as the APEX class.
2. Setting up the Apex Variables:
Following are the available variables for use in the process builder action ( * means Required ):
Template Id * : This could be the Salesforce Email Template Id or a field that contains the email template Id that you wish to use.
Record Id Field * : Id Field of the Lead/Contact/Account/User/Case record. An activity history will be created under this record when the email is sent successfully.
To Address : The recipient’s email address, must be a valid email address (MassMailer’s field mappings are used if this is not specified, to check those go to the ‘MassMailer Setup’ tab and check field information).
To Name: The recipient’s name (the record’s standard ‘Name’ field is used if this is not specified).
- CC Address : The CC recipient’s email address, must be a valid email address or a field reference that contains the email address.
- BCC Address : The BCC recipient’s email address, must be a valid email address or a field reference or a field reference that contains the email address.
From Address : Sender’s email address, must be a valid email address (logged in user's email is used if this is not specified).
From Name : Sender’s name (logged in user's name is used if this is not specified).
3. Track Email Status on Contact, Lead:
You can capture the email status values such as delivered, open, click, spam, unsubscribe, bounce etc on the Contact or Lead objects in the related list object called MassMailer Email Status.
4. Track Activity History on Contact or Lead:
You can capture the activity history on the lead or contact objects.