RELEASE NOTES SUMMARY
MassMailer 4.28 version has the following new features and the bug fixes.
Mass Email to Opportunity Contact Roles. Now you can mass email the Contact Roles related to multiple Opportunities from the Opportunity List View Page. You can add the Opportunity fields as merge fields in the email template. You can select any specific Contact Role as the Primary TO as the merge record, and add additional TOs or CCs from other Contact Roles.
- Process Builder: Ability to send Email Alerts From Case Object
- Now you can send email alerts whenever a case gets created or updated.
- You can provide a custom template defined and add the merge fields.
- You can set your own From Name & Email fields.
- Complete instructions are given at this link.
View by "My Profile Only" feature in MassMailer View.
Subscription Groups feature. Now you can create your own subscription groups in MassMailer and let the recipients manage their subscriptions on their own.
Fixed the bug with Account Fields Checkbox data type in MassMailer View. It does not show the drop down box with True/False values like it does for the contact fields.
Fixed the issue with 'Set Member Status' button the campaign details page when the Salesforce org has foreign language as the default language.
Change 'Field Information' sub menu name to ‘Email Settings’ on the MassMailer Setup tab.
Added the following reports
MassMailer Events for Leads
MassMailer Events for Leads Grouped
MassMailer Events for Contacts
MassMailer Events for Contacts Grouped
Recurring Campaign fixed to work for more than one recurring campaign scheduled.
MassMailer Login Name is restricted to 39 characters.
Bulk Email Verify Feature fixed to work with high volume.
Fixed the drop down field of MassMailer Events on the MassMailer Setup page to display all the events.
Renamed 'Schedule' button on the MassMailer Setup page to 'Finish'.
Revamped the schedule logic to make sure that the jobs get scheduled the moment any campaign is scheduled.
Removed any unnecessary schedulers running and kept only the ones that are needed.
Fixed lead conversion process to retain the MassMailer Email Status and the MassMailer Activity History related lists on the Contact object.
HOW TO UPGRADE
- You can click on the MassMailer AppExchange Link and click on 'Get It Now' button. If you did not login to AppExchange yet it will show a login screen so that you can enter your Salesforce Admin credentials to login. Now you can click on 'Get It Now' button once again to install the latest version.
- Please make sure that you install for all the users.
A dialog will prompt for permission to approve third-party settings. Select Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites, then click Continue.
- If your current MassMailer version is less than 4.23, then you will have to make sure that you follow the MassMailer setup steps once again completely to make sure everything is in place, as we have introduced few custom objects, fields, and some scripts related to email verification feature that get executed when you follow the MassMailer Setup Steps on the MassMailer Setup screen. If your current version is 4.23 or higher then you just have to upgrade the package and on the MassMailer Setup Tab - Finish page, click on Finish button.
If you do not have the SendGrid API Key you need to make sure that you create one by following the instructions at this link. Please make sure you store this API Key in a secure place since you will need this in the future.
Here are the complete instructions for MassMailer Setup. Please make sure you go through them once again and setup anything missing.