NOTE: If you are looking for support to send email alerts to any standard or custom object please read this article.
The following article explains the process through which you can define a Workflow process through Process Builder and send Email Alerts to Cases using MassMailer.
You can track the email status values such as open, click, bounce, spam, unsubscribe, etc. You can also log the activity history.
MassMailer email alerts feature only supports Lead/Contact/Account/User/Case/Opportunity objects (The process builder will not show any error if any other records are used upon saving but will not work).
1. Navigate to the Workflow Process builder in Salesforce:
Click on the Salesforce 'Setup' from the top right corner and search for process builder from the quick find box in the left side panel.
Click on the Process Builder link from the search results from the above step and click on the 'New' button. This will open a form to enter the workflow process details.
2. Create a new Workflow Process:
Enter the Process Name, Description, The process starts when values as per your needs and click on the 'Save' button.
3. Choose Object and Specify when to start the Workflow Process:
Click on Add Object to choose the Case Object from the list shown.
Under the 'Start the process' section, select either 'only when a record is created' or 'when a record is created or edited' option and click on the 'Save' button.
4. Define Criteria when to trigger the Workflow Process:
Click on 'Add Criteria' and enter 'Criteria Name', select 'Criteria for Existing Actions', fill the 'Set Conditions' section and then add the conditions logic as per the example shown in the following picture. Once all the information is entered click 'Save' to save the criteria.
5. Select and Define Action of triggering the Email Alert:
Click on 'Add Action' and do the following and click 'Save'.
Select the Action Type as 'Apex'
Enter Action Name
Choose ‘MassMailer - Email Alert’ as the APEX class
Set the Apex Variables (* means required )
Template Id *: This could be the Salesforce Email Template Id or a field that contains the email template Id that you wish to use
Record Id Field *: Id Field of the Case record. An activity history will be created under this record when the email is sent successfully
- To Address: The recipient’s email address must be a valid email address (MassMailer’s field mappings are used if this is not specified, to check those go to the ‘MassMailer Setup’ tab and check field information)
- To Name: The recipient’s name (the record’s standard ‘Name’ field is used if this is not specified)
- CC Address: The CC recipient’s email address, must be a valid email address or a field reference that contains the email address
- BCC Address: The BCC recipient’s email address, must be a valid email address or a field reference or a field reference that contains the email address
- From Address: Sender’s email address, must be a valid email address (logged in user's email is used if this is not specified)
- From Name: Sender’s name (logged in user's name is used if this is not specified)
6. Activate the Workflow Process:
Click on 'Activate' to activate the workflow process just defined and confirm.
Once the workflow process is defined it will show up in the list of My Processes summary page.
7. Track Email Status on the Case Object:
Email status values such as delivered, open, click, spam, unsubscribe, bounce, etc gets captured on the Case in a related list object called 'MassMailer Email Status'.
8. Track Activity History on the Case Object:
Activity history gets captured on the Case object.